Put it down!!

I know you are out there, reading this content and agreeing or disagreeing. Let me hear from you! This blog should be a conglomeration of our experiences on the road, good and bad.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Seat 1B

Seat 1B can mean a lot of things to the seasoned traveler. For instance it could mean free drinks and a hot meal or someone to immediately hang up your coat when you sit down. It could mean your own private monitor with a multitude of different movies or TV shows to choose from. It may bring memories of comfortable reclining seats and raised foot rests.


Today however seat 1B means my ass will barely squeeze into its assigned area and eventually will try and seize additional room from seat 1A. There will be no mimosas today, no hot towels to wipe my weary face. There will be no hot baked cookies at the end of my flight or quick bantering conversation with my flight attendant. Today I have been jailed on a Horizon Air CRJ700 in route from Portland to Ontario California. I believe it is entirely possible this aircraft was built with the sole purpose of transporting ancestral pigmies to and from the Portland airport; however I must admit I don’t see a pigmy anywhere. This flight is not a total loss as I have no seat mate and therefore no one to put up a fight with my encroaching ass.

What’s this? Horizon Air is offering me a complimentary micro brewed beer or glass of wine. Maybe seat 1B is not a total loss after all.

Travel safe and I will see you at the airport…

No comments:

Post a Comment